The Package Engineer position requires a person to be responsible for the MEMS package development. He is responsible for the package’s internal, external outline, lead frame, substrate design and development. He manage the assembly process flow, package cost structure and manufacturability to meet new product or package development goals.
The Package engineer works alongside with product, design, quality, marketing and manufacturing teams to support product definitions and customer evaluations. He is responsible for package manufacturing & process FMEA, design rules and documentation requirements.
• Solid understanding of MEMS package design, assembly process and tooling
• Experience working on MEMS package reliability methodologies and failure analysis techniques,
• Yield/ data analysis & database experience (MSQL, JMP) with strong problem solving skills.
• Proficient in the use of package development, design and simulation tools.
• Ability to work, plan and coordinate with internal and external overseas teams
• Ability to review and approve Assembly Test Instructions (ATIs), ECNs, MRB, specs, and other assembly process documents
• BS/MS in engineering with at least 5 years MEMS packaging experience.
• Should have at least 10 years semiconductor industry experience on assembly process and package development.